• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ set aside Civil Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ set aside Civil Enforcement

I found out recently last month November 2019, that i have a CCJ against me by default for parking at a clinic in which my cousin and i are patients.
    It was our first time at the clinic and I had dropped my cousin to the clinic and waited in the car as we were not too clear about the parking protocol but we knew parking was free for patients

I have evidence from the clinic including invoices to show my cousin had an appointment as well as a letter from the clinic stating that we were not informed of the parking protocols.

I received a court summons letter but did not respond as i thought it was scare tactics from CEL as i had read multiple forums and news forums on parking cowboys. Also CEL had not responded to any of my previous letters.

I contacted CEL and they are happy to agree to a conceited set aside and i would like advice on what to do
    Tags: None

By conceited set aside they mean they want you to pay them what you owe them and then if you apply to have the CCJ set aside they won't contest it.
    But they will want payment first probably.
    Go online to gov.uk fill in form N244 and send it to the court with a 255 quid fee.

It's not a bad deal, you are paying 255 quid to get a CCJ off your record for a debt you are going to have to pay anyway (or face enforcement action).

You ignored the court summons so there is no way you can have it set aside any other way and no way to avoid payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X