• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

recovery damages motorcycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovery damages motorcycle

hi I am with MCE insurance while out one night in August I needed to call out recovery on my 1978 triumph t140 MCE use call assist which then used Burke brothers recovery,* after waiting over 3 hrs till 2 am they turned up the guy it's it on a flat bed recovery truck and insisted it went on its side stand saying its company policy to do so and ratcheted it down with heavy duty straps that tight it broke the side stand and nearly fell of the back , now they are denying it happened even though I have a witness. call assist now won't even reply to emails and when I phone it's with another department.* I have tried to make a claim through MCE insurance,* I am fully comperencive insurance,* they say because it's not a road accident I can't claim , I have tried many times to sort this out now MCE have said they can't discuss it and its down to call assist,* how can this be when a third party have damaged my bike, surely insurance should be able to sort it*
    Tags: None

Can you post up a link to your MCE policy wording please ?

Without reading the policy it is not possible to advise, but suspecting you have comprehensive cover I'm a bit surprised, although if it's a classic policy it could well have such an exclusion

Comment

PolicyDocuments (2).pdf OW-E-CoveringLetterNB (1).pdf PolicyDocuments (2).pdf

Comment

mce say because it was on a recovery van it's nothing to do with them

Comment

None of those documents posted up contain the full policy wording, which is in a booklet which you should have.

The link*– https://www.mceinsurance.com/PolicyDocs/IPID_MC_002.pdf only takes one to a document headed "Insurance Product Information Document" which is solely a summary* of the actual policy.
          That document states if you have comprehensive cover you are insured against loss or damage to your bike if it is accidentally damaged.
          There is nothing in the exclusions listed which means the bike has to be involved in a road accident for cover to be effective.

Suggest a recorded delivery letter to their head of claims rejecting their explanation.
          Tell them that unless they can show you the clause which excludes cover under the circumstances of your loss you require them to perform the contract.
          Failure to respond within 14 days and you will initiate a county court claim.

Comment

thanks been trying all day to get the policy booklet,* a nightmare with mce

Comment

mce are still saying I'm not covered as it's not a road traffic accident and because I have had it repaired , but I was told the day it happened to get it repaired and send the invoice, also keep saying its down to call assist to sort on there insurance, I have told them I want it in writing where it states in my policy that it as to be an accident, while on the phone I asked to send me the info , he tried to find it but couldn't, he also started I was right to get it repaired as that is the correct process, making a complaint now as well

Comment

I did suggest "write"
                Phone conversations are not sufficient in this type of incident
                You need a paper statement, which can then be used in a court claim if necessary

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X