• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unauthordox Penalty for Untaxed Vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthordox Penalty for Untaxed Vehicle

This is a a bit random but unfortunately very true. My sister had an idea to make a bit of money so decided to buy a used car from a private dealer. Unbeknown to me at the time she decided she was going to sell the car on to me and when accompanied with my dad to buy the car, they registered the car in my name. As a note and very importantly, I did Not agree to buy this car, nor had I seen it. On bringing the car home, I was expected to buy the car from my sister and was put under a lot of pressure to do so. I refused of course and this subsequently resulted in a lot of upset and my falling out with my family, not less because of the fact that my sister and expected me to buy the car from my sister so she could make a profit (from me). The fact is however that this vehicle was registered in my name and therefore I am legally responsible for it. During a recent conversation with my dad, I was assured that this vehicle was eventually sold on a few months ago to another party. I have now however received a letter from the DVLA re: a penalty for an untaxed vehicle and ordered to pay £382 in the next week or be taken to court. I now fear that my sister / dad will leave me to sort this out and pay the penalty. I have no idea who bought the car or what to do if my family do not sort this out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks*
    Tags: None

"private dealer"? either a private seller or a dealer.

When your sister registered the car in your name, someone must have forged your signature and given false information.
    I think you will need to raise a query with DVLA, but you will probably obtain better advice from Pepipoo, the experts in this field!*http://www.pepipoo.com/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X