• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo Finance and Excess Mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo Finance and Excess Mileage

Hi guys and Rob,

I am new to the forum and have been reading around similar cases to the situation I’m currently
    in with my finance company. I have VT’d, my car has been taken and I have been sent a letter stating I have no liability but a charge for excess mileage. I will attach the letter sent to me. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Hi, I wasn’t the most cooperative with the finance company and decided not to take action and consequently not pay the excess mileage. I stupidly now find myself in a situation whereby the charges have been passed on to a credit management company. They have now sent me warning letters and have requested for myself to pay the charges immediately. Is there anything I could do at this stage or do I need to arrange to pay them. Any help would be appreciate thanks*

Comment

Hello, nobody is going to tell you whether you should pay for excess mileage charges because that is a question only you can answer. As you've read threads on this forum then you'll know the general position regarding these charges.

What is the name of this credit management company? Normally they are just debt collectors who have absolutely zero powers other than harassing you, unless they've actually purchased the debt from Motonovo in which case they are the creditor. Regardless, the position remains the same unless and until either decide court action.

I've recently updated the Voluntary Termination guide which should give you everything you need to know to make your own decisions, deal with this on your own and whether to pay up or not.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X