• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed urgent; car insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed urgent; car insurance

I was involved in a small incident where by a car reversed to my right wheel and just made a small scratch
    the only problem was that the people in the car and another male who came from a different car claiming to own the car wanted details of my insurance details
    luckily l had three bystanders who intervened and told me it was insurance scam
    at this point the old couple from the car had disappeared as the three guys on my side were now in a full on argument with this male from the other vehicle
    so then l informed my insurance as l didn’t want those people claiming
    l advised my insurance l didn’t want to make a claim
    as it was a scratch just above the right wheel
    very small
    now it’s time to renew my insurance and the brokers have recorded this on my record
    At first they said it will be recorded as a claim and will also be on my ncb
    l challenged this and today l have spoken to a manager who advised that they record as an incident on their records not a claim but this has made their insurance go up from £723 with legal expenses to £1093
    l feel like am the one punished as l am very positive those people would have not told their insurance as they were caught red handed and disappeared
    my worry is : do l need to declare the incident? I use confused.com site and it only asks for claims and convictions
    any advice is appreciated as these insurance brokers are stressing me.
    Tags: None

Any incident involving your vehicle, whether or not leading to a claim by you or against you should be declared to your insurers.
    It is the duty of utmost good faith, but it depends on the proposal form you complete as to whether or not it is required info.
    Confused.com may only ask about claims/convictions but the proposal form required by the insurers might be worded differently!
    Your insurers are entitled to use this information when deciding what premium to charge.

This could be one of similar incidents which may have occurred in that area.
    You may not be aware of those incidents, but the insurers will and may decide to increase premiums across the board for those living nearby.

My advice would be to shop around, try a local high street broker or try some of the insurers who aren't listed on comparison sites.
    And don't just be guided by the premiums - look at the coverage and the insurers record!

Comment

Thank you for the advice
      l decided to go with a different insurance but l got them on confused.com
      I read through their documentation they have while completing the insurance and there have nothing asking about any incidents
      even though l got the insurance it’s not due to start till end of the month so lam going to still search around and if l get anything better l can cancel the other insurance and get my refund.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X