• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination BMW Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination BMW Help!!

Hello....
    I was wondering if anyone had experienced a VT with BMW finance.
    I am 28 months into a 36 month PCP agreement with BMW for my X5. (Never missed or been late with any payment) But am soon to get use of a work car so asked BMW for a VT... having read once id paid 50%+ of the amount owed (which at 28 months i clearly have) they then tell me i owe them 2400+ To terminate??? The calculation of this figure has not been made clear... and im absolutely bewildered... are they actually expecting me to pay the next 8 months depreciation on the vehicle?? Car is immaculate and well below agreed miles... so Im baffled as to how they have decided i owe them this??? I have asked them to clarify the calculation of this figure....

has anyone had any experience of this with BMW? Im considering getting some formal legal advice as it may be cheaper than paying this!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Tags: None

Sounds like you may have fallen into the same trap as many other consumers. Just to set a couple of things straight as I'm not sure where you've got your information from but you don't need to have paid 50% before you can VT, the right to VT can be done at any time before the final payment becomes due.

Liability under the VT right is limited to 50% of the total price payable, not the number of months paid under the contract. On a PCP agreement for example, you are likely to have reached the VT stage around month 32 or 33. You may want to double check your figures before throwing good money after bad.

Rather than being baffled, check your contract see what it says on how much you need to pay to discharge liability and if you are sure you've met that criteria, why don't you simply ask BMW what the £2,400 is for and how they arrived at that amount - that might actually save you paying for unnecessary legal advice.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob. I have asked them to explain the amount they are suggesting i owe them as there wasnt any explanation/calculation or reference to any finance agreement.... It was just a stated figure. I wasnt aware that a VT could be instigated before the 50% mark had been reached. I assumed under the CCA this is what is stipulated to provide protection for the finance company as well
      as the customer. ill post what they reply with on here!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X