• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UberEats Rejecting Commercial Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UberEats Rejecting Commercial Insurance

Hello,

I seem to be having a massive dilemma with my recently taken out car insurance policy through Coversure.

I currently use my vehicle for delivering food with UberEats, Deliveroo and Stuart (Just Eat).

I did have a fully comprehensive SDP+Commuting policy with Hedgehog and used to use the PAYG provider, Zego, to cover the food delivery element when I was logged in to to deliver for any of the companies.

I recently decided to switch to an annual policy as I would end up paying £1700 instead of £2300 for the year and at this point I thought I was on to a winner as Coversure reassured me that I would be covered for Food Delivery and accompanying letters would validate this information.

The new policy specifically removed the exclusion for "the carriage of good for hire and reward" and also added in "use for business purposes by the policyholder".

I sent all this off to UberEats and they have come back and rejected the policy, stating that it doesn't state on the insurance certificate that I am permitted to deliver food.

I challenged this multiple times and they have finally revealed that under the exclusions section, I have an exclusion for "hiring". They state that this exclusion "indicates that hire and reward is also excluded based on this phrasing." They state that I need to remove that particular word or add the words food delivery into the business use section before they can accept the policy.

I kind of wanted to get some verification from someone to make sure that I am not going insane. I interpreted "hiring" as earning money by renting out your vehicle to another person, nothing to do with deliveries or the carriage of goods for reward. Can someone tell me if I am right in thinking that?

I have already spoken to Coversure and the policy certificate is provided by Aviva and they have already advised that the wording cannot be changed on the certificate (even to include the words food delivery).

My beef is also with Uber as they will not take the letters from the insurance company stating in black and white that I am covered for the delivery of food and unless it is on the insurance certificate then it is not even taken into account.

Any help is appreciated as I have lost a delivery partner because of this and have stressed myself right out thinking how I am going to cope with the future as I will need to rearrange insurance all over again and then I read that some insurance companies will void your personal policy if you have Zego covering you for food delivery work - so now I am questioning everything and feel quite precarious.

Regards

Stix
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X