• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accident on a Tesco Supermarket car park!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident on a Tesco Supermarket car park!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1482954 My mother was reversing her car out of the local Tesco supermarket and collided with a car. Her insurance company are insisting that she is to blame. However, the other driver instead of going left on the car park as the road marking show, choose to go right which she should not have done. As a result my mother saw her at the give way understanding that she should not be coming right towards her so had her eyes on the traffic to the left of her when she reversed into the other driver. Any observations and can the insurance company insist that she is liable. They have agreed to wait 1 week for the CCTV footage.She was parked to the right of the car facing the petrol station. You can only go right on to the petrol station coming on the car park and you can not go the yellow box and you must go left not right at the top where there is a give way. She was parked to the right of the Costa Coffee sign
    Tags: None

If her insurance company are accepting liability so easily it must mean all the legal evidence puts your mother in the wrong. Regardless of the mistake the other driver made she was in a position where she should be constantly observing what’s behind her whilst reversing. She should have seen the other drivers mistake and taken preventative action. If she couldn’t do this she was either travelling to fast or not observing what what’s behind her.

Comment

The terminology you use certainly makes it appear your mother actually admits it was her fault:
      " was reversing her car out of the local Tesco supermarket and collided with a car"
      "she reversed into the other driver."

Just because the other car was in the wrong place does give permission for someone to collide with it!

Was the other car moving at all when the collision occurred?

Comment

My son's wife a few years ago was pulling out of a side street when a car ran into the side of her, we all thought it was my son's wife's fault. The insurance company held an investigation and the guy who came out to investigate advised my son's wife to make her own claim through a no win no fee solicitors firm, which she did and won. Nothing is clear cut and if she hadn't had been advised she would have just accepted it was her fault. The experts on here are in a far better position than me to advise you, but I can't see any harm in contacting a Solicitor to see what they think. Your mother may have legal cover as part of her insurance policy and if so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X