• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Renault Finance Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault Finance Voluntary Termination

Hi guys,@R0b

just starting the voluntary termination process with Renault and have sent the template from here. May be a silly question but should I sign the letter template? Only reason I ask is because I’ve now had an email back from Renault explaining they need me to sign it to be able to confirm my signature? However I did read in the notes that I am under no obligation to sign any documents.

apologies if this is a silly question
    Tags: None

R0b tag her

Comment

You are not required to sign anything, all that is needed is to give notice. Check the document very carefully and see if there is anything in the that could suggest you might be waiving any rights. For example, it might confirm that you agree to be liable for any damage listed in the damage assessment report or that you agree to pay for excess mileage charges if you are deemed to be over the pro-rated mileage.

Anything like that you should be wary of and it would be reasonable to reject it. Irrespective of Renault saying they need to verify signature, I think that is a ploy and they have other means of verifying since they could contact you by telephone to confirm you want to VT.

If the document simply states that you wish to VT then there shouldn't be any harm in signing it rather than having the technical arguments about whether you should sign or not.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b The document I sent was the template letter from here. As I assume it would just say that I'm wishing to VT I would be OK to rescan that with a signed copy and email it again?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, mis-read your post as I thought you meant they had sent you a separate document to sign. Again, a physical signature is not actually necessary (won't go into details) but if that's all they are asking for then there's no harm in signing and then returning it if you can.

My signature is never really the same so I'd be curious if they come back and say they can't process it because the signatures don't match. Not heard it yet but could be another delay tactic.

Might want to caveat your response by saying the CCA doesn't actually require you to sign anything, only to give notice in writing however, to ensure smooth processing you have attached a signed copy.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks R0b have sent back a signed copy and explained to my knowledge the CCA don't actually require a signature. Will see what their next move is.

I doubt they will try and delay it due to the signatures not matching. I was just cautious after reading on the information post on here that you shouldn't sign anything and thought it could have been a trick but also thought the wording of the templates would be as such to not fall into said traps.

Comment

Hi guys by way of update after some back and forth where RCI who hadnt sent the slip to Mannheim collect the car an I'm going on holiday Monday. The car has been collected today and he estimated £708 damage which I think is completely unfair. I refused to sign the report and the car is now gone R0b when would I expect the finance company to be in touch and by what means etc? obviously as I mentioned I will be on holiday so if its post I may miss it

Cheers

Comment

Yes you should expect some kind of invoice from RCI and unless you are going on hoiday for the next 12 months, RCI aren't going to issue legal proceedings in the next couple of weeks.

Why don't you let them know by email that you are going away on holiday so if there is anything of importance all correspondence should be made by email.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X