• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse Email address for VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Email address for VT

Evening!
    I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone has an email address for Black Horse?
    I called last week to ask about VT and they said they would send a pack out in the post. After finding this sight I am keen to get things moving ASAP.
    My next DD is due on the 15/09/19, should I cancel this?
    Thank you for any advice you can offer!
    Tags: None

There is a template for a VT in the forum. Use that rather than any form they send out to you as their form could attempt to remove some of the rights that you have in the legislation. You might want to read this guide, which includes a link to a template. Get the letter off, get free certificate of posting from a post office and your contract is ended when the letter is received. Phone them up to check that it has been received then you can cancel the DD

R0b

Comment

Thank you so much for replying.
      I used the template from this site, and sent recorded delivery today. They are clearly dragging their feet as been nearly a week, and have still not received anything from Black Horse.
      I will call on Wednesday to ensure they have received and then cancel the DD. I wasn’t sure if you had to pay until the car has been collected. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello

Don't really have anything to add - the HP contract is like any other contract you agree to. When you cancel a contract, like Sky or BT for example, you don't continue paying after the service has come to an end do you? Same principle applies here, however much the finance companies tells you otherwise.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Morning Rob,
          Thank you for the reply. My only concern was that there may be a ‘notice period’ that had to be served before stopping payment, or it was until the car was collected. I have sent the letter from your templates and have checked this morning and the letter has been signed for. I will cancel the direct debit and wait for them to call to arrange collection.

Comment

Nope, section 99 says you can terminate at any time by giving notice.

Black Horse can be a pain to deal with sometimes so I would expect to anticipate threats and aggressive practices.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ok, good to know. I may well be back then if this happens!
              I think I may be being a little optimistic to hope for a hassle free VT! This is the first time I have VT’d a vehicle so have been unsure what to expect. I still haven’t received the termination pack, so sense they are dragging their feet already!

Comment

Hi Louise, could you possibly give me an update on how you got on with Black Horse as i am about to start the VT process with them. I'm also finding it really difficult to find an email address for them.

Thanks Kris*

Comment

Hi Louise
                  I'm starting the VT process with Blackhorse. I've sent the notice on 24/12/19 to this email collections.vtmailbox@lbgassetfinance.co.uk*
                  they really, really did not want to hand it over and at one point denied one existed.*

Since then we have* only had a text asking them to call. My wife did and was told they had the email and that they will not acknowledge it as it does not have a signature. Don't want to add too much more as don't want to confuse details.
                  Hope this helps

Comment

hi there, just wondering how you've got on? I have sent a letter on Monday to V.T checked online recorded delivery it was signed for Tuesday 18th feb, trying to contact them now by phone to see next steps (been on hold 15 mins so put phone down) do I cancel dd? also tax insurance and mot all due beginning of march. anyone know where I stand on this? I do owe £1500 still as I am 3 years into a 4 year pcp so have three more months to pay until I reach 50% mark. I am willing to pay this as a one off payment but was keen to get rid of the car before march when the warranty expires as we have had numerous problems with the car and didn't want* to end up paying through the nose for more work doing once warranty expired. any help would be massively appreciated. thank you.

Comment

how do you get a response from anyone?

Comment

*tried calling bhf with no joy totally lost on what to do next. PLEASE HELP**

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_c View Post
                          how do you get a response from anyone?
                          You should start your own thread instead of piggybacking on someone else's. There is an abundance of similar stories to yours which I have replied to on many occasion it is simply a case of helping yourself a little and doing some research.

I've also provided a big fat VT guide and if you recently sent a VT letter from that guidance then you should already know the answer to your question. If not, the link is below.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X