• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car clamped by Marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car clamped by Marstons

My cars been clamped that i've only bought 2 weeks ago. The previous owner has accrued fines, PCN's so it's marked the car. I don't have V5 document yet. What do I do.
    Tags: None

Do you have proof that you purchased it, bill of sale, invoice etc ? That should be sufficient to shake them off. The V5 is not proof of ownership

Comment

He would'nt accept a bill of sale which was handwritten, he wanted to see transfer of cash. I bought it from a private seller and paid in cash, it was only £3500 But you won't believe this....he wasn't budging even though I proved to him I am not the person, showed him a handwritten invoice. Then he gave me an idea he said
      ..... " get your credit card, make the payment on that card and then make a chargeback from your credit card claiming that you didn't authorise this payment, this way We (bailiff) gets paid and YOU(Me) could reclaim that money back from your credit card, so it's a Win-Win situation. Or make the payment and dispute the car ownership with the goods collected department and claim a refund back from them"....
      , for a moment I thought it's an option, but is'nt that FRAUD, and is he not meant to be a Law enforcement officer, but here he is encouraging me to commit an Act of Fraud so he could get paid.
      Well, well, guess what I did, I asked him to explain the steps again but this time I had my Voice Recorder on lol. Got him.
      Then I gave him the option after obviously saving the recording and sending ot off to 2 friends as back up. I said to him " I could pay this £425.00 off now on my credit card just to get you away and keep my car and on Monday send this to your manager, see my solicitor, put it all over facebook, tell the Ministry of Justice about the actons of Marstons who are the contract providers and there will be a shitstorm as bailiffs are not pop[ular. This proves they are just bullies and conartists who do anything to get money. OR you could just accept the bill of sale as proof of ownership, unlock the clamp and we can both go home.

Well, it's obvious what he was going to do....accepted the bill of sale as invoice and opended the clamp and cancelled the recovery truck he was apparently calling to take the vehicle, although in the 4 hours of this drama, no truck came.
      Well, I have my car now, I will be transferring the car into my own name through Online as the last owner has not done it, so no warrant out, but I'm sick with this game. But I think shall I just let it go or do I expose this. The officer would get the sack, but he's probably under pressurte from Marstons who will just employ another muppet to do the job.

What SHALL I do? Shall I just move on, or take this further. I mean he could deny it, I didn't ask for his permission to record this, in al that time when we had this conversation he had his body camera switched off as well. But he wouldn't accept that my insurance as proof, neither my ID to prove I am not the person in question.....neither the sale receipt which was written as i bought it from a private seller. But at the end he had to state that he seen Proof of transfer from a Solicitor or third party.

I feel like leave it but these thugs could be doing it to somebody else tommorrow. But i donn't need the headache as well......????????????????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X