• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking PCN

Hi,

I have been issued a PCN at by Smart Parking for parking at "Earl Haig, Hounslow". I was expecting to stay nearby for a day and hence paid for full one day. The ticket clearly displayed the expiry time. Subsequently, i made 3 visits in and out of the parking within the period i had already paid the money for. I skimmed through all the terms displayed in the car park and to the best of my abilities, i couldn't see any mention of "1 ticket per visit". They sent me a PCN for 100 quids reduced to 60 quids for first 14 days. I appealed by sending them the snapshot of the ticket displaying the expiry time which they have rejected by taking following grounds. "we would like to make you aware that each ticket you purchase is valid until you exit the car park and you are required to purchase a ticket for each of your vehicles visits". As mentioned earlier, i don't remember seeing any such signage displayed, despite trying to look for it.
    It's important to mention here that the ticket they have issued is for 3rd visit in the parking and not the second "this ticket was purchased on 6th and covered another visit (on 7th)".
    "The signage clearly advises motorist to enter the correct vehicle registration into the payment machine and to make sure that payment is made to cover the entire duration of the vehicles stay on site" -- don't know why they have made this comment. Makes me assume that they themselves aren't sure why they are rejecting the appeal and are taking very weak stance by writing this statement. I am sure if "1 ticket per visit" was displayed in their terms and conditions they would have mentioned in the rejection letter.
    They have sent me the POPLA code.

Can somebody please advise re:
    1. Based on experience, am i likely to win it in POPLA -- i don't have snapshot of the terms and conditions which were on display there.
    2. If i win the appeal, i would like to initiate proceedings against Smart Parking for not only issuing ticket but rejecting a valid claim. This in turn wasted my precious time and was source of unnecessary stress. How can i proceed with this and what forums to approach for it?

Much appreciate any help in this regard.
    Tags: None

You may be able to get a view of any signs with Google street view.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      You may be able to get a view of any signs with Google street view.
      I have the signs now and they don't mention anything about "ticket only for 1 visit". All it says is "parking time is calculated from point of entry to point of exit by ANPR cameras" which might have some remote connection with my case.

What do you suggest, shall i take it to popla? Do i have more than 50% chance of winning?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X