• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TOR issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOR issued

Hi
    sorry if I'm in the wrong section with this one
    I was driving home yesterday using my hands free on a call. I needed to stop at the shop in which across police officers were pulling drivers for random checks. I pulled into the shop car park turned my engine off which dis engaged my hands free to which I picked my phone up. An officer appeared at my side window and said he had seen me using my phone while driving? I tried to explain that i was using my phone via hands free and he must have mistaken my ecig as my phone. Having none of it he said I would be issued with a fine and points. Held my licence for 17 years never had points so not sure what route I need to take.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

First thing to do is obtain your phone records and compare with date & time on TOR.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
      First thing to do is obtain your phone records and compare with date & time on TOR.
      Think you will find just holding the phone is the offence only chance to get off is magistrates court

Comment

Thanks for your reply
        I was talking on my phone, via handsfree, did not touch the phone till my engine was switched off. It was my ecig in my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzee81 View Post
          Thanks for your reply
          I was talking on my phone, via handsfree, did not touch the phone till my engine was switched off. It was my ecig in my hand.
          This will be your defence in court its then up to the magistrate if they believe the Police or you.

Comment

Thanks.
            better get myself a good solicitor, not taking a penalty for something I didn't do

Comment

Just an update....
              I was offered a driver's awareness course as appose to 6 penalty points which I decided to take..saved all the issue of court. Thanks again for your advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X