• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal and Premier Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW legal and Premier Park

Hi folks, looking for some advise please!

I recieved a parking charge from Premier park in December 2017.
    The charge is related to unaurthorised entry/parking at a fish auction, not a paid parking location.
    I have been taking fish by land to this fish auction for over seven years and never had a problem. Without any warning from the auction or harbour authority premier park took over management of the parking on site about two years ago. I carried on with my normal business without knowing about the take over and had no problem until recieving this PCN. I asked in the harbour masters office why I had suddenly recieved this charge and they explained that the car park had been taken over by premier park and I could only park there for 30 minutes without having to register my vehicle with security. This was then the first time I saw the parking signs and the 30 minute grace period is not mentioned on them. The signs do say that all vehicles must register with the harbour master, but why would I look at signs when I have been going in there for years without a problem and not knowing the car park was under new management? The old signs simply said 'authorised parking only'. The reason I had not recieved a charge before was because I would normally be less than 30 minutes.

After looking on a few forums I seemed that the advise was to just ignore all letters and they would eventually go away. I did this and eventually letters stopped coming from premier park. About a month ago I recieved my first of two letters from BW legal stating they have been instructed to begin legal procedings by premier park if I do not pay £160 before August 16th (£100 charge and £60 debt recovery costs.

Where do I go from here?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X