• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bus Lane PCN - Road Sign Is Not Clear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Lane PCN - Road Sign Is Not Clear

I received a PCN for entering a bus lane. I admit I did enter the bus lane however the road signs state the time is 4:00 - 7:00 PM.

I entered the bus bus lane at 07:43AM. Am I right to believe I can contest this PCN due to the sign not being correct?
    All other bus lane signs state AM - AM or AM -PM etc etc. This sign does not state what time the 4:00 starts.

Photo of sign -

http://tinypic.com/r/2uo5qpf/9
    Tags: None

I would certainly appeal, the sign to me reads that the restriction operates between 16:00 and 19:00.

Comment

something to quote in your appeal is this excerpt from DfT Traffic Signs Manual – Chapter 7 - The Design of Traffic Signs

12.2.2.  A time period is shown as a start and end time separated by a hyphen. Where both the start and end times are whole hours, minutes are not shown (e.g. 8 am). However, where the start time for a particular period is not immediately followed by “am” or “pm” and either the start or end time shows minutes (e.g. 7.30) then the other time should also show minutes even though this may be zero (e.g. 9.00). Examples of time periods are “7.30 ‑ 9.00 am”, “7 ‑ 9 am”, “7 am ‑ 6 pm” and “7 am ‑ 6.30 pm”. Examples of combinations that are not recommended are “7 ‑ 9.30 am” and “7.30 ‑ 9 am”. Where two time periods are shown on the same sign, one period may be expressed in hours only and the other in hours and minutes as appropriate.

Chapter 3 of the same manual deals specifically with bus lanes

For light reading:
      https://assets.publishing.service.go...chapter-03.pdf
      https://assets.publishing.service.go...chapter-07.pdf

Comment

@ Seduraed I thought the exact same That’s why I used the bus lane due to traffic on the right hand side lane turning right.

des8 I will defiantly include this.

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X