• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Log book put in my name without consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log book put in my name without consent

I received a log book in my name and address which turns out to be my ex partners.She has recently been banned for drink driving so i suspect as she is still driving the car about that she is trying to avoid getting pulled by the police by doing this. I contacted the police to let them know, i then got a call back asking me to come in and speak to them as they think it is domestic fraud. they have now just filed everything and now say its not fraud. I realy cant understand how someone forging my signature is not fraud. Am i wrong in thinking this?
    Tags: None

Hello

How do you know she forged your signature?

If the V5C was in her name previously she can simply send the slip off to the DVLA and sign it herself or alternatively it can now be done online provided you have the V5C number and the necessary details for the new registered keeper.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for your reply? If it is done via the manual form do i not have to sign?Also if it is done online is it not like a digital signature with a disclaimer?

Comment

For the paper form there is a box for signature of the new keeper I believe but I dont believe there is an equivalent online, only a set of questions that asks you if you are the registered keeper.

So going back to my original question, how do you know she has forged your signature? Have you any proof?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Just send the V5 back to DVLA with letter explaining the vehicle is not yours and you are not the keeper.
          Keep copy of V5 and letter together with the free certificate of posting you get from Post Office, as you might need to fight off Parking Tickets or fines for no MOT or insurance etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X