• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET PARKING CHARGE for MCD's.....do I pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET PARKING CHARGE for MCD's.....do I pay?

Hi

I have received a letter addressed to me by name asking for £100 - reduced to £50 if paid within 2 weeks for parking at mcd's for 120 mins. I have been back to mcd's and they have a sign saying 90mins max

the photo's show my car and registration entering and leaving the mcdonalds....not parked

welcome any guidance

thanks
    Tags: None

Post up that Notice to Keeper suitably redacted so that you are not identified but leave dates.

And the answer to your question is NO

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      post up that notice to keeper suitably redacted so that you are not identified but leave dates.

And the answer to your question is no
      thank you so much

Attached Files

Comment

I assume that you are questioning the fact that the images don't show you actually parked rather than the length of your visit.
        If so, an appeal's tribunal may ask if you claim you weren't parked, what were you doing in the car park for 2 hours?
        Just a thought...

Comment

so should I appeal, ignore it or pay?

thanks in advance

Comment

Others may disagree with me and try and find a loophole, but if you over stayed then you should pay.

Comment

hi, yes I am looking to see if I can avoid paying this charge - why? so 1) I can't afford it as recently made redundant and 2) I pulled over for a coffee and a nap whilst travelling, and I nodded off. the car park wasn't busy in any way

welcome guidance

Comment

any guidance? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TROLLEY View Post
                  Others may disagree with me and try and find a loophole, but if you over stayed then you should pay.
                  No - Do not give out bad advice.

If you were a valid customer of McDs then they employed the parking company, so your first port of call is them - Speak only to manager but polite but firm and tell them to cancel it. Loud (not shouty) firm voice in a busy shop works wonders.

Comment

If falling asleep is your only defence then I suggest you pay up sooner rather than later to get the benefit of the £50 reduction.

Comment

paulajayne

​I don't think that paying one's dues is bad advice.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Legal loop holes and contractual ambiguities are one thing, but suggesting the OP should loudly complain and make a scene in a busy shop is another. Do you not think that the store manager is entitled to some respect from a complete stranger?

Comment

thanks for the advice everyone, and I don't want to cause any bad feeling when this site is so cool... im not going to kick off with the manager - I just want to know what happens if I ignore it - or appeal? rather than pay it

Comment

Originally posted by TROLLEY View Post
                          paulajayne

​I don't think that paying one's dues is bad advice.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Legal loop holes and contractual ambiguities are one thing, but suggesting the OP should loudly complain and make a scene in a busy shop is another. Do you not think that the store manager is entitled to some respect from a complete stranger?
                          Read my post again - " Speak only to manager but polite but firm and tell them to cancel it. Loud (not shouty) firm voice".

They employed them and as a valid customer then speculative invoice (which is not a fine) should be cancelled.

Spend some time on the Pepipoo website and learn about private parking invoices.

Comment

Unfortunately ignoring is not an option anymore. I can't see any failures on the notice that will remove keeper liability.

WHere was it?

Comment

paulajayne

​​​​​​Spend some time in a minimum wage retail job and learn about being firmly and loudly spoken to by demanding, self-entitled, arrogant customers who think that they can intimidate and brow beat their way out of paying for their mistakes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X