• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoomiths chasing escess mileage charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoomiths chasing escess mileage charges

Please can I have some help and advice on what to do next.

I VT my car May 2018, I was nearly full 3 year term before VT, I could not refinance remaining balance and therefore had to give the car back which was over allocated milleage. Although for the entire term I though my alowance was 10000 miles as the car sale rep new my profession and that I would be covering a lot of miles. I only realised near full term it was only 6000pa, which was rediculous. Yes my fault for not clarifying this on my contract but I was not in full.mental health upon purchase.

I am now receiving letter from Shoosmiths solicitors representing GMAC.

I suffer with anxiety and would like to resolve this problem ASAP.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Line083 View Post
    Please can I have some help and advice on what to do next.

I VT my car May 2018, I was nearly full 3 year term before VT, I could not refinance remaining balance and therefore had to give the car back which was over allocated milleage. Although for the entire term I though my alowance was 10000 miles as the car sale rep new my profession and that I would be covering a lot of miles. I only realised near full term it was only 6000pa, which was rediculous. Yes my fault for not clarifying this on my contract but I was not in full.mental health upon purchase.

I am now receiving letter from Shoosmiths solicitors representing GMAC.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Hi there

What have they actually said? It would be helpful to know what Shoosmiths have said and what they are claiming etc
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

If you want to resolve the problem as soon as possible then I would suggest you settle up now.

Otherwise, GMAC have a habit of instructing Shoosmiths as debt collectors for excess mileage but I haven't actually seen them issue a claim. How much over the pro-rated mileage are you and what amount are they seeking?

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your above reply.

When this al started last year I followed guidance with letter templates from this website to use when charge and excess milleage are disputed, I completed the letter which indicated my rights under the consumer credit act and that any charges where not inforcable as I had paid over and above 50% of my finance.

They reply bouncing back another rule under the consumer credit act stating I am in fact liable for the excess milleage charges.

​​​​​​I'm sorry but the site is not allowing me to upload photos of the documents.

All went quite over Christmas and I received a letter 05/02/2018 asking me to call regards above matter above discuss a payment plan.

I was ALWAYS under the impression I had 10,000 miles pa and this would have been a minimum for me as the sales rep also new because of the nature of my job. I only realised that the milleage was in fact 6,000 a few months before 3 year return or upgrade of car and it was also at this time I started to enquire about finance options when I learnt I could not get the finance for remaining balance, I had no option the to VT the car. I went to Vauxhall in Basildon and discussed finance options with their finance guy and he was discusted that the car had been sold to me with that milleage allowance knowing my job role, but also understood this was the only way the sales rep could get the sale at a price I could afford monthly, I have a witness to the conversation also.

So should I then be turning this around as miss selling?!

I do not play the system and pay my way, I hate being taken advantage of and if it wasn't for a friend helping me through this last year it would have destroyed me. It's not doing much for my mental health at present either. They can take me to court, I will have to get a representative from mental health service to stand for me, even if I loose they are not getting a penny from me! Stupid, maybe but I am not going to be screwed by Vauxhall anymore!

I literally have nothing, I live in a caravan with my son coz I can't afford to privately rent, I now have an old banger of a car that I prey will work every day so I can work and pay the bills, support my son. I don't get any benefits either.

I don't want to be judged, I would just like some help and guidance to get this fixed.

Hand back milleage 36,000, contract 18,000! I would have covered that in the first year and a half. I'm a community nurse and travel 100+ miles a day some times, which the sales rep new!

Let them come after me, I don't own anything worth more then £250, thats my current car. I have nothing else.

Thanks for advice.

Comment

They are trying to claim £1619.01

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X