• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 county court judgements against me over an unpaid PCN.. HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 county court judgements against me over an unpaid PCN.. HELP!!!

Hello all- I hope you are all well. Iv kind of got myself into a sticky situation which I need to get out of - this site was recommended - Now I need your help to get me out of this please.
    Back in March 2017 I brought a vehicle which I put on my name and adress - all was well until things fell out with my family. I had to move out.. I moved to a close friends flat as my drivers licence was already registered. but when I purchased the vehicle I registered that on my family’s house where I was living at that point. Just to clarify again (My licence name and adress was on my friends flat before purchasing the vehicle.. BUT the vehicle itself has always been on my name and family adress Till the day I sold the vehicle)

Fast forward a year or so I must have accumulated a number of parking tickets (pcns) as I was being a rebel reading from threads that pcns are nothing but empty threats and a waste of time. I didn’t bother replying or paying any of them off.
    My credit has always been good really but Recently I tried to attain credit from company and I was declined for the first time. Gobsmasked!! I checked my file and found 2 judgements from the county court business centre which are BOTH from civil cenforcement. I phoned the court and and I didn’t admit these fines.. I did say I would like to dispute both of them and they sent me an N244 and an N245 letter/application.
    Please can you advice me on the best thing to do as I would like these off my credit file. Do I have a defence that I can bring up? Anything please / if you need any more information please let me know

Thankyou in advance.
    Tags: None

Hello

When exactly did you discover that you had CCJs recorded on your credit file?

As a starting point I would suggest you read the guide on setting aside a default judgment and once you have done that, let us know and we can assist on the next steps.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I discovered that these two judgements were on my credit file just a week ago.. however, on my credit file there are 2 judgements from the same company (civil enforcement) the date of the first fine is showing up to be about 9 months old now and the second is showing to be 7 months old.

Comment

So were the PCNs for the period before or after you sold the car?

Comment

The Pcns were For the periods whilst I was driving the car.. however I was still receiving enforcement letters and threats even after I sold the car.

Comment

Have you done as suggested in the link to the guide I posted earlier? Do you have that information?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Erm yes I received the link you sent, I understand most of it regarding the application process but I’m not sure if I have any grounds of defence against the fine.. would do you advice is the best thing to do first..

1.Should I go ahead with filling out the n244/5 application form?

2.Should I contact the civil enforcement and attempt to make an “out of court settlement”? Would this still remain on my credit File?

Comment

Too late for an out of court settlement, it's already been to court and it WILL remain on file.

Unless you get them to agree to an uncontested set aside, pay them the £100 per CCJ and agree to pay them the amount of the judgement and hope that the judge agrees. CEL might just agree if it means they get their money.

Or a SAR to CEL asking for all the documentation and see what the alleged breaches were and take it from there, but quickly. Unless you still have the tickets.

Comment

What’s an SAR?
                  And I don’t think I’d want to pay CEL for both CCJS set aside Aswell as full judgement amount.. that will easily add up to £1000.
                  ideally I just want to fight back this case but I’m not sure what defence I have.. I have also misplaced all the fines.
                  Should I contact CEL requesting all information of the fines?

Comment

That's what a SAR is all about, getting information that the company holds about you. Get the PCN and see if it is possible to contest it. In the meantime do not hint at who the driving could possibly be.

Remember that it will cost you £255 for each contested application. If you have a good case and win you may get this back.

What reason can you give for not responding to the court claim?

Subject Access Request
                    Last edited by ostell; 10th February 2019, 18:32:PM.

Comment

I was thinking of maybe saying that I was living with family up until things had fallen out with us, after moving out I must have gotten the fines - I forgot to register my vehicle on the adress I was moving back into, hence why I didn’t receive any mail. the car was registered on family’s adress and no fines were to be seen when paying a visit..

or what do you think? What’s more of a resonalble and safe argument?

Also so I will contact the court tomorrow and request all information and after that I will phone CEL and request uncontested set aside - if they agree or not that’s up to them but soon after I will be submitting my application as Thursday 14th will be 2 weeks from the day that I contacted the court..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X