• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dart Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dart Charge

RosieBean Yesterday, 14:59:PM
    I spilt with my ex over ago. When I was with him i got out a personal loan to get him a car, so the car was and still is in my name. He went through the dartford tunnel and he did not pay the charge. I am now being chased for the payment. I did not know as i do not live at that address and I do not get the mail, I seperated from him for over a year. I do not drive and do not have a license. I am not the keeper of the vechile, I do not pay the tax or insurance on it. I eventually found out about the charge in my name, of which my ex said he will pay. He said he had. I then find out he didnt. I called up to contest it and was advised my ex paid for one half. Paid for the charge on the way in but not in the way back. I was advised to appeal on tfl website. As I dont live at the address I then didn't get this attached letter till 1st jan. I told the ex he needs to pay. 2 weeks ago a bailiff turned up at my old house, where my ex lives. They tried to take the car, as its in my name still. He told them that he will pay for the fine but he needs a week. The bailliff agreed and went away. My ex, still hasn't paid and has blocked me so I can not contact him. I understand that this has now gone to court as a bailiff has been sent. Again not at the house to get the mail and my ex, opens and hides it anyway! The fine they are after now is £425. This is not my debt. And is an insult as i have paid my ex to live in the house for free for a year, while I pay for the mortgage, and all the bills (he refuses to leave) I have nothing to do with the car, other then pay for a personal loan to pay it off, as of course the ex wont! I called JBW where the debt was passed to and told them to take the car. I haven't heard anything since but they have not taken the car yet. Will this debt now affect my credit history? What can I do now to stop this. This is my ex's debt. Again I do not even drive, live at the address or the keeper of the car. This is a mess. Can anyone help advise?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

If you are the Registered Keeper of the vehicle - is your nma e on the V5 at DVLA - then you will be held responsible for the debt regardless who may have been driving at the time. It matters nothing if you do not drive or hold a driving licence yourself. The chances are that a condition of the loan you took out to pay for the vehicle will say you have to be the Registered Keeper.

The debt will not impact on your credit history. If the address you live at now is not the address given by DVLA when the offence was committed I would hazard a guess your ex has given them it in order to avoid payment. You are going to have to speak to your ex to sort this mess out. You could opt to not speak or get involved with the Bailiff and as long as you have nothing of value outside or do not allow him entry to your home then eventually the debt may be returned to Dart Charge who may in turn instruct another Bailiff.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X