• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council parking ticket

I recieved a parking ticket last week ill explain below what happened

I came home from work as my son was sick at 5.30pm, I pulled up and parked in front of my drive as I have done a number of times over 7 years I’ve lived here and the reason I did this time was because I had a skip on my drive. A man from Morrison utility came over and knocked on my window telling me that I couldn’t park there as they were going to dig up the road and put barriers in the middle of the road as they had to do emergency water work on a house 2 doors along. ( house having works done)
    I told the man that it was my drive and I had every right to park in front, which escalated to a argument who was in the right and wrong he told me if I didn’t move he would call the police. It was raining I had my son being sick and there were no other spaces available so he suggested seeing as it was late there would be no problem parking on the curb there are no signs to say this isn’t allowed I was tired and stressed so I did so to try to resolve the situation and went inside.
    The next Morning I went out to work at 7.30 am to find a ticket on my car I have never once seen any cars on my road who have parked like this with a ticket ever on my road neither have I ever parked this way before.
    I’ve posted photos to explain the situation. Also is there a time limit to how long they should wait before giving the ticket ?
    Anothee point is the name of the road on the ticket is completely wrong.
    Sorry for the long post just wanted to check what I can do before I appeal
    Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Comment

Comment

Anothee point is the name of the road on the ticket is completely wrong.
        Pavement parking has been banned in London for years, unless there are signs which permit it. However you have been handed a get-out-of-jail-free card. The pcn must have the correct location.

Apppeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur. The pcn alleges the location was ZZZ Road, whereas you were parked outside no.XX in XXX Road, as can be ascertained by the council's own photographic evidence.

Please confirm the the pcn has been cancelled

Comment

Thank you so much .... I don’t make a habit of parking illegally so I have well and truly learnt my lesson.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X