• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re Hirer has gone way above mileage allowance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Hirer has gone way above mileage allowance

Hi,

I have a vehicle which has been rented from me. The hirer has given notice and wants to return the car. The terms and conditions which were signed by the hirer upon receiving the vehicle stipulate that the mileage limit is 1,000 miles per week. For each mile over the 1,000 miles there will be a charge of 50pence per mile. I have worked out the hirer to be circa 12,000 miles over in total so do the maths....approx £6,000 in mileage penalty.

A phone call the other day he says he is expecting a bill from me for the additional mileage however I do not think the hirer will be forthcoming in paying the £6,000 penalty and the £500 deposit I took when he received the car is merely a drop in the ocean.

Must also mention it had been mentioned to the hirer that he is way over the mileage allowance and he needs to reduce the weekly mileage - this was mentioned ages ago.

Obviously a rental company would charge the hirers card however if that were to decline what would they do....? I’m guessing a small claims court?

Would appreciate advice please.... needless to say, I have copies of ID, national insurance number etc etc etc

Thank you,
    Tags: @r0b

Tagging R0b jaguarsuk des8

to be honest you are over the top on reasonable cost? are you a company or just individual with an agreement signed legally?

Comment

So if they hired it for an extra 12 weeks but didn't use it, that would bring them back within the terms? Presumably at a lot less than the £6000 you are looking at.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X