• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Completed a VT now a debt collecting service is emailing me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Comment

Yes, make a complaint to the FOS and inform them that you've done so to ensure they have knowledge.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I written to the Ombudsman service and sent all my info in September 2019. I heard nothing from them until last week when they want me to submit it all again? Meanwhile the Debt collectors are actively chasing me and hounding me for this "outstanding" £350. Apart from send all the info again what can I do to make the Debt collectors stop.

Comment

Did you inform the DCA??

Comment

If so inform them their lettets to FOS Keep copies of every thing

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              If so inform them their lettets to FOS Keep copies of every thing
              I send the DCA everything I had months before I sent it over to the Ombudsman but they replied saying that they will actively pursue the debt and if the Ombudsman rule in my favour they would refund me. If I pay this aren't I accepting that I owe the debt in the first place?

Comment

They will use any tactic in their ammunition to get you to pay up. Once you've handed that cash over it will a lot more harder to recover and your only option may well be to sue the finance company for the recovery of it.

Strongly advise against paying anything unless you are taken to court and are ordered to pay the finance company but then again its your decision and you can't say you've been warned if you do.

I mentioned before you should proceed with the Ombudsman but again, your choice if you don't as it's your dispute. If you do issue a complaint then you can put the debt collector on notice that if they actively pursue, as they say they will, then you'll hold both themselves and the finance company to account for harassment which you reserve your rights to issue legal proceedings in that respect.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlexus View Post

I send the DCA everything I had months before I sent it over to the Ombudsman but they replied saying that they will actively pursue the debt and if the Ombudsman rule in my favour they would refund me. If I pay this aren't I accepting that I owe the debt in the first place?
                  Thanx for your reply, I will certainly hold off until a court says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlexus View Post
                    I written to the Ombudsman service and sent all my info in September 2019. I heard nothing from them until last week when they want me to submit it all again? Meanwhile the Debt collectors are actively chasing me and hounding me for this "outstanding" £350. Apart from send all the info again what can I do to make the Debt collectors stop.

So you wrote to the FOS over six months ago with all your paperwork, and you've not heard from them until now, when they are asking for all the paperwork again?

Have they explained what they are doing and why they need it again? Have you tried 'phoning or emailing to ask what they are up to?

If I were ABSOLUTELY SATISFIED that I had not underpaid on the finance agreement VT, I would not be paying anything unless a court decided against me.

Are you absolutely satisfied? You presumably know the T&Cs of the agreement you signed and you know how much you owed and how much you paid. You have a copy of the account. They think you've underpaid by £350 but you think you've overpaid by £650. That's a grand difference.

Surely the two of you can agree (1) the total you owed under the agreement, and (2) the amount you paid up to VT?

Comment

If you paid half the agreement for HP but hadn't cleared the GAP insurance. It could leave a liability.

Comment

I had a letter from the debt managers again now stating that I should make payments as agreed but I have never agreed to anything as its still with the ombudsmen service. Are they just trying to scare me?

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                          If you paid half the agreement for HP but hadn't cleared the GAP insurance. It could leave a liability.
                          This debt has come from the repossession fee which is not stated in my original agreement. The company sold the car for just over 3k at auction so in my eyes they made a 3k profit from all of this.

Comment

The letter is just baulk mailing.i very uch doubt if they know much about it. First check that you did a voluntary termination not a voluntary surrender.* If the fee is not listed they can't charge it. Write to the car company denying liability and asking where on the contract the charge arises. Then raise a formal complaint. Check with experience and other credit reference agencies and see if the account is being marked as not paid or defaulted.*
                            You may have a fight on your hands. If the threehundred and fifty is affordable it may be worth paying to clear the matter.*

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                              The letter is just baulk mailing.i very uch doubt if they know much about it. First check that you did a voluntary termination not a voluntary surrender. If the fee is not listed they can't charge it. Write to the car company denying liability and asking where on the contract the charge arises. Then raise a formal complaint. Check with experience and other credit reference agencies and see if the account is being marked as not paid or defaulted.
                              You may have a fight on your hands. If the threehundred and fifty is affordable it may be worth paying to clear the matter.
                              So should I just ignore it? Yes I done a VT that was agreed and completed.

Comment

I had another letter from Debt Managers today stating that they are not upholding my complaint (no surprise) and its now on hold until 21st September.

I have again sent all my into to the financial ombudsman but again im not getting anything back from them.

Now I feel that im stuck. Citizens Advice have no advice and the FO are not replying to my case + Debt Managers are sending letters and calling me all the time. If this was a massive debt id get it but for £350, its a joke.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X