• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP with letter to Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with letter to Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi everyone,

I have decided to write to Civil Enforcement Ltd after finding out I have CCJ's in my name. I have offered to pay the fines as long as they contact the courts to have these judgements removed as my only concern is to have a clear credit file. Please let me know your thoughts on my letter or anything further I should mention - Thanks!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to respond to some parking fines I received from you during 2017. During this time, I was struggling with depression and grief from the death of my grandmother which hit me very hard. I had just gotten back into work after having been out of work for a long time due to my personal problems which are ongoing.

I recently discovered CCJ’s had been entered against my name and my mother’s name after checking my credit file. Due to the number of letters I had received from yourself and throughout this time period, I was not able to distinguish exactly how many fines I had received from your company. I assumed I had paid them all on 12 December 2017 when I contacted you and paid two payments of £236.00 to yourself. I even recall being told there was nothing else outstanding so to find two CCJ’s outstanding in 2018 was quite the shock.

At this point, I just want a clear Credit file. Therefore, I would like to offer to pay the outstanding fines on the basis that you contact the Court to remove the CCJ’s in mine and my mother’s names as errors. I have listed the parking fines along with the dates and references below. I would hope you would consider this as a fair resolution as you will receive the money you feel you are owed in one quick payment.

If you decline this offer, I will be taking legal action to discuss the nature of the fines at a court hearing as truthfully, I feel the fines were wholly disproportionate and that I was misled into believing there was nothing else outstanding when I contacted you on 12 December 2017. CCJs can have devastating impacts on those involved and therefore, at this stage my Credit file being restored to what it was is what matters to me the most.

Tags: None

Paying an outstanding CCJ will not get it removed from the register or your credit file.
    It will be marked as "satisfied" but will remain there.
    Are you sure that the two CCJs now found aren't the two you paid a year ago? As already said, paying a judgement late does not enable its deletion from the records.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X