• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstones Solicitors Parking Fine Dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstones Solicitors Parking Fine Dispute

Good Afternoon

We've recently received a 'Letter before claim' letter from Gladstones and I responded to the company that originally issued the parking tickets with the attached letter.

I've now had a reply from the parking company stating;

"Following your letters of 22nd November 2018, please find enclosed the data requested for each of the PCN's.

Gladstones Solicitors set the fee of £60 for any recovery through them, so you will need to contact them directly for evidence regarding this charge"

My question is what is the next step in getting these parking fines cancelled?

Many thanks. Parking Fine Appeal Letter 2018 Template.docx
    Tags: None

So what did the PCN's say? How about a sample, do they know the driver (simple yes of no). What other appeals have been sent? The charges (they are not fines !!) will not be cancelled but a lot more info is needed before anyone can reasonably assist you.

If they are claiming from the keeper under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 then they cannot claim from the keeper more than the original amount on the PCN. Similarly if Gladstones are charging for legal fees then this is not allowed in the small claims procedure.

You will have to write back to Gladstones within the 30 days refuting the charges, with good reason, but Gladstones won't stop as they get paid win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So what did the PCN's say? How about a sample, do they know the driver (simple yes of no). What other appeals have been sent? The charges (they are not fines !!) will not be cancelled but a lot more info is needed before anyone can reasonably assist you.

If they are claiming from the keeper under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 then they cannot claim from the keeper more than the original amount on the PCN. Similarly if Gladstones are charging for legal fees then this is not allowed in the small claims procedure.

You will have to write back to Gladstones within the 30 days refuting the charges, with good reason, but Gladstones won't stop as they get paid win or lose.

Good Morning

I've just noticed this reply from December, I've received an e-mail letter today from Gladstones, they do not know the drivers of our vehicles and are asking to see our terms and conditions as a company to say that if we incur any parking fines that it is our Customers responsibility to pay the fines.

Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X