• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ issued after parking fines issued by Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ issued after parking fines issued by Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum however had a look around the forum and found some useful information in relation to my current situation. in 2015/2016 I received some parking fines for going over the limit in a private car park. on many of the occasions I believe I was over by a few minutes. now I did not think much of this at the time however some months later received letters asking for a ridiculous amount for the parking fine. At the time I was told to ignore the letters and that they would eventually stop pursuing. Being naive at the time I did so however in hindsight I should have taken action. these letters kept coming and the amounts were increasing from £100 initially to £250 and then over £300. This went on for months and I received letters from various companies, including Civil Enforcement Ltd, ZZPS and various solicitors. It was becoming increasingly stressful and confusing. At the time I was also going through a tough time my grandmother has passed away and I was suffering with depression and was not in the right frame of mind to be dealing with all this onto of everything else. I realise I should not have ignored these letters. I did eventually receive court letters which looked like someone had printed them out on their computer and did not look genuine. This did prompt me to try and contact Civil Enforcement LTD (CEL) however the number was a payment line. I decided to pay the fines via their website and have proof of the payments made. I then spoke to a solicitor who I received a letter from chasing the amount explaining I had paid the fines and they also mentioned there were other fines that were registered under my name however the claimant was not pursuing them. I was told if I had paid the fines nothing further would happen.

I only realised recently when trying to purchase a house that I have 2 CCJ's in my name. I was horrified and this situation has been so stressful. I acknowledge some of this has been my own fault in not responding to some of the letters sooner however I now just want to try and resolve this asap as it has already caused me sleepless nights worrying. I have already ready some posts regarding what to do. one in particular mentioning I should contact the claimant in this case CEL and offer to pay for the fines as long as they contact the courts to acknowledge I have paid the outstanding in full.

in total I believe they had a number of fines against my name and even though I paid for two they then applied for CCJ's for other fines which may not have been paid. I know this is all very confusing as it is for me considering how many different letters I received. I hope someone can offer me any advice on what I can do next as it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X