• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Issued after Unpaid Parking Eye Ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Issued after Unpaid Parking Eye Ticket

Hi all, I've had a good browse through the forums over the last week or so before deciding to bite the bullet and creating an account to ask for your views on this.

Long story short, I was in a toxic relationship back in 2015 based in Carlisle. I made a swift exit due to mental health reasons and I returned to Blackpool to live with my relatives.

During this time I was suffering with depression and not in a great way. I am now much better!

My issue begins here.. When I moved back to Blackpool in October 2015, I packed a small van with a few belongings and not much else. When I settled back in Blackpool, I began making arrangements for post to be diverted to my new address. Unknowingly, during my time in Carlisle and since being in Blackpool, my ex partner would hide and dispose of my mail without me knowing until I was able to divert my mail to my new address.

Since leaving Carlisle I have never really looked back due to the nature of the relationship I left behind. Now I am in a position to purchase a house, I have checked my credit report to find I have a CCJ issued in my name from October 2015! The CCJ has not been settled as I have literally only just found out about it! The Court say that the CCJ was issued by Parking Eye.

Please can somebody advise me what the best case scenario would be here? I can afford to pay and settle the CCJ, but would I still be able to purchase a house with this on my credit report? How do I contact Parking Eye to settle the CCJ?

I am sorry for the lengthy post however, I have tried to condense this as much as possible! Any help is massively appreciated!

I have also attempted to complete a Draft Order and a Witness Statement - however, I'm probably not the wisest owl when it comes to this sort of thing!

D
    Tags: None

Hello

I would suggest that you have a read of my guide to setting aside default judgments (
    click here for link
    ). It will give you an overview of what is required to set the judgment aside.

It would be prudent to send a letter to ParkingEye seeking their consent to setting aside the CCJ. There is a sample letter that you can
    find here at post #6
    but given your circumstances, you might want to consider amending the letter so that you are offering to pay the application fee, offer to pay the amount in full within 7 days provided that their claim is withdrawn. By going down this route, everyone is a winner (in some sense) however, if you or ParkingEye reject any settlement, then you would have to risk persuading a court that either service of the claim form was defective or there is some other good reason why it should be set aside which is not always guaranteed and you should make sure you are thoroughly prepared if you are heading into court.

Once you've read the above, there is a template application, witness statement and draft order in my list of templates (click here). It might be helpful to post up draft copies of your defence, draft order, witness statement and application on your thread for one of us to comment on.

I've also tagged ostell for comment in relation to parking arguments

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X