• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nip outside of 14 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nip outside of 14 days

I have received a notice of intended prosecution from the police I would like to know where I stand on the 14 day rule as the date served is 12/10/18 but the date of the offence is 19/8/18 it's my own car and is registered at this address and the letter was sent 1st class ty
    Tags: None

The letter has to be received within 14 days of the alleged offence.

Can I ask what the alleged offence is?
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Speeding 37 in a 30 zone by a manned van any further advice and what to do moving forward ty in advanced

Comment

I can also provide you with the letter by email if required

Comment

you say it was "served"...do you mean that was the date received?

Check your V5 to ensure your address is correctly recorded (you haven't moved house recently?)

Does it say "reminder" or "final notice on it? The gap is about right for a reminder. You could phone and ask the office if it is a reminder.
          Either way, you must reply to it naming the driver. The driver has a defence to the speeding allegation if no NIP was served on the registered keeper within 14 days of the offence, provided no exception applies.

Pepipoo are the experts on speeding and NIPS http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5

Comment

No it doesn't say reminder or final notice on it says I have 28 days to respond am I not accepting the fine if I send the letter

Comment

The NIP requires you to name the driver.
              You have an obligation to name the driver
              Further papers may or may not be served on the driver.
              The driver may then have a defence if the original NIP was not served on time.

Have you checked your exact address on the V5?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X