• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

recovery veichle and insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovery veichle and insurance

Hi all just after some advice I received this email from a third party insurance company after an incident that happened last week. the basics of the claim is I was in the right lane of a dual carriage way when a recovery truck changed into our lane in front of me and when he straightened up part of the veichle he had loaded on the back flew off hit the front end of my car and then went under the car which it has done 3 sections of damage to the bodywork and also damaged something underneath the car. the driver didn't stop as he wouldn't have been aware but I got photos of the truck and the veichle on the back of it with the back smashed in and this is the reply I have had from their insurance. from what I gather their saying they will pay for repairs but don't want to admit their party was at fault for insecure load. I'm not sure if I should accept or not as don't want to be affecting my insurance or doing myself any damage and advice would be gratefully received.

I have taken out the name of the company in the email and replaced with recovery company

"Morning,

I have spoken with recovery company and we are going to deal with your claim without an admission of liability. This won’t affect you as we are dealing as it is likely we caused the damage, but can’t and won’t be able to prove that we did or didn’t.

Attached is a piece of correspondence around our offer of services and some FAQS about Enterprise.

Our engineer will be in touch to inspect your vehicle and then we can move it to one of our repairs and have Enterprise provide a replacement – if you confirm that this is accepted I will pass your details to Enterprise so that this is set up for when needed.

Thanks,"
    Tags: None

It is fine that they are prepared to repair vehicle without any admission of liability.
    This should not affect your insurance costs as you will not be making a claim under your policy (although you should report it to your insurers)

You should enquire about the repair company they intend to use, and if you are unhappy about them insist on your own choice of repairers.
    Also get written confirmation that they will pay all costs associated with the supply of the courtesy car, and any other costs you may have already incurred or may incur in the future flowing from this incident.

Regarding the matter of proof about whether or not their insured caused the damage, the courts (if the matter went that far) would find on the balance of probabilities (so you are more likely win than lose if you have pictures of the truck taken from your own car 'cos who would take random pics of a breakdown truck!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X