• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VWFS VT case - Various points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWFS VT case - Various points

Hi,

My wife VT 'd her Audi at the beginning of the year where upon VWFS did the usual request for pro rota excess mileage, £490.

Using the various templates on here we sent them our response saying we did not think that amount was payable and heard nothing for 8 months, thus assuming the case had been closed.

However last month we got the first of several letters from debt collection agencies which we responded to by saying we had contested the claim. Upon contacting VWFS they discovered no one had logged our complaint, hence the delay in getting back to us. They then re-logged the complaint and said they would investigate. As expected they have come back saying my wife still owes the excess milage charge. We responded by saying they had not addressed any of the arguments we put forward relating to the CC Act or reasonable wear and tear and their response was just a standard email back and as such we are not satisfied they have made any argument to make us pay. We also stated that the excess mileage was not unreasonable as it amounted to about 5 miles per day so we did not deliberately enter the agreement with the objective of deviating from it. Furthermore, at the time of the VT we were looking at part exchanging for another Audi and the salesman of course said just VT and you won't have to pay any excess mileage. We concluded by saying they must address each of our concerns, provide legal justification for their request and we would contest the charge with the Financial Ombudsmen if need be.

Surprise surprise, the lates communication from VWFS was a standard email saying the amount is still outstanding. My wife has again received a debt collection letter, to which I intend to respond by saying the case is still under dispute and as such no payment will be made.

A few things I was hoping for help with:

1) If we complain to the financial ombudsmen, do the debt collection letters have to cease until a finding is made?
    2) I have read on here of a successful defence of a VT excess milage charge by RachRad against MBFS but cannot find the court findings or an exact reference as do not know her name. Does anybody have the court findings in their entirety as that would be useful to write back to VWFS saying their is now case law precedent saying excess mileage is unenforceable?
    3) I have also read that some firms mark credit files with VT + unpaid claim, is this legal if the claim is under dispute as obviously would not want this to crop up?

At the moment we are 50/50 about paying. We could pay just to make it go away however, out of principle and the general shoddiness of the handing of the complaint by VWFS plus the fact there now seems to be case law on the consumers side, we are happy to go to the FOS to delay further.

Any advice on any of the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hello

To answer your questions in the same order:

1. They should cease yes, I believe the FCA rules stipulate they should until an outcome has been made by the FOS.
    2. Check your private messages in the next 5 or 10 minutes, I will send you the transcript of the judgment that I ordered from the court.
    3. Yes it is possible they might mark the credit file with adverse entries but there are only twoI am aware of and BMW are the biggest culprit. My argument is that it is a breach of data protection for failing to keep data and records accurate and up to date.

Usually, the FOS find in favour of finance companies but they are currently reviewing the situation and I am not aware of anyone submitting a complaint following the successful defence against MBFS. Might be worth a shot and get a ruling that they won't apply excess mileage.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hello

To answer your questions in the same order:

1. They should cease yes, I believe the FCA rules stipulate they should until an outcome has been made by the FOS.
      2. Check your private messages in the next 5 or 10 minutes, I will send you the transcript of the judgment that I ordered from the court.
      3. Yes it is possible they might mark the credit file with adverse entries but there are only twoI am aware of and BMW are the biggest culprit. My argument is that it is a breach of data protection for failing to keep data and records accurate and up to date.

Usually, the FOS find in favour of finance companies but they are currently reviewing the situation and I am not aware of anyone submitting a complaint following the successful defence against MBFS. Might be worth a shot and get a ruling that they won't apply excess mileage.
      Thanks very much for the reply!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X