• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No reply to appeals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reply to appeals

Hi,

The vehicle in question received a PCN on windscreen, in a private, permit only car park. I appealed due to poor signage, to the only address given, a Box No. even though the PCN stated "do not appeal if the offence occurred". I received no reply but then received a NTK from a debt collection company, ( in which the town where it happened was misspelt) and I appealed again with no reply. I then received a letter saying that they are advising their client to instigate immediate legal proceedings. I have proof that both appeals were received. Does anyone know if they are operating lawfully, and what would be the best course of action.
    Tags: None

So have you identified the driver in the appeals? how long ago was the appeal, more than 35 days? You have to receive a NTK from the parking compnay no9t a debt collector. How long after the parking did the NTK take to get to you?

Comment

Originally posted by rob105 View Post
      Hi,

I received a PCN on windscreen, in a private, permit only car park. I appealed due to poor signage, to the only address given, a Box No. even though the PCN stated "do not appeal if the offence occurred". I received no reply but then received a NTK from a debt collection company, ( in which the town where it happened was misspelt) and I appealed again with no reply. I then received a letter saying that they are advising their client to instigate immediate legal proceedings. I have proof that both appeals were received. Does anyone know if they are operating lawfully, and what would be the best course of action.
      Hi Ostell, thanks for your reply. I have not identified the driver, and the NTK was dated 26/6/18 and received 29/6/18. The PCN was issued on 3/5/18 and my original appeal was dated 14/5/18, but they only signed for it as received on 30/5/18. A copy of the first appeal was sent again after receipt of the NTK. Posted on 10/7/18 and received by them on 12/7/18.

Comment

Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, The driver received a NTD

Who is the parking company and who are the debt collectors?

With a Notice to Driver the Notice to Keeper has to be received within 56 days. I calculate that you received the notice on day 57 and therefore there can be no liability as the keeper. Could someone check my calculations please. The legislation is POFA 8 (4) & (5)

Could you check that your details were requested from the DVLA ? As they had your address they may not have bothered to get your details from the DVLA, saving £2.50, and hence cannot hold the keeper liable. I believe the email address is SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk Give the dates of the NTD and the date you received the NTK as the search dates.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X