• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

data breach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data breach

hello , times have moved on , but i have previous thoughts still with me regarding the cancelled Private parking invoice i received, just a quick resume , received invoice 2016 , this company then passed my data received from DVLA to debt recovery company, and also sold the supposed debt to MIL Truro along with my Data , this company then contacted the Northampton court regarding the invoice and eventually discontinued, i was helped in fighting this claim with the help of the LegalBeagles whom i am grateful to , what i now need to no is Have i a breach claim ,which company or all 3 and the wording of the letter(s) any advice would be appreciated , thank you
    Tags: None

The debt collectors were acting as agents of the PPC and therefore there was no breach.

Selling the data to MIL was the breach by the PPC and its use by MIL is in breach. I would say join the PPC and MIL in the claim.

The Keeper At the Date of Event (KADOE) contract that the PPC has with the DVLA strictly forbids the selling on of DVLA provided data. Suggest you also read the private parking forum on PepiPoo as this has been debated several times.

The DVLA have confirmed that selling on is a breach.

Comment

Ostell , thank you for your reply , is there a copy of a letter on line that i can use as a template , i need to send a letter to the 2 companies who breached my data PAS and MIL thanks mike ,

Comment

Try searching on the Pepipoo private parking forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X