• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Crash Advice - Potential Disqualified Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Crash Advice - Potential Disqualified Driver

Hi all,

Just after some advice. My wife drove into the back of a car this morning on a roundabout (she was looking at the roundabout and saw there was space for a car to get out and assumed the guy in front would go.....he didn't).

My wife's car is pretty beat up, and the guys car apparently didn't look brilliant (although I wasn't there so only have my wife's word on this). Unfortunately, she didn't get his numberplate but she knows the make and colour of the car.

They both stopped, and apparently he seemed like he wanted to leave quickly, saying he would be in trouble with work if he was late, so he scribbled his surname down only so it was barely legible along with his telephone number. He didn't bother asking for our details. It probably took a minute, and off he drove.

I was quite suspicious when my wife told me about the way he reacted and the fact he only left a surname, as I personally would have stopped, taken pictures etc to give to the insurers. So I set about finding his information using the barely legible surname, and managed to find the guys facebook page. I showed the facebook picture to my wife and she said that was 100% the guy that she had the crash with.

I then typed his name into google to see what I could find out about him, as I was still fairly suspicious about his actions, and I found a news article about him. Apparently he has been caught drink driving at the beginning of this year, and pled guilty, with the court case being adjourned until March time. So I don't actually know what the outcome was, but surely this means he will have been driving illegally, without a license and insurance at the time of the crash, and would explain his strange behaviour.

We haven't reported it to the insurance company yet as I wanted to review the damage to our car in person after I had finished work. We will definitely have to go through insurance as from what I could see from pictures my wife had sent me it looks expensive!

But I don't want him to get away with driving whilst banned and no insurance (I believe he only gave his surname so he can pretend one of his family members were driving the car at the time rather than himself).

Any advice on what to do? Should I call 101 and ask?

Cheers In Advance!!
    Tags: None

You can report it directly to your local force, or through Crimestoppers.
    However they might not do anything about it, saying they have to catch him in the act.

Assuming you have comprehensive insurance, there should be no problem having your car repaired, altho' from your description it seems your wife was at fault

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X