• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police investigation HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police investigation HELP

Hello i was recently in a road traffic accident a car pulled out in front of me and i slammed into the side of the car i was on a motocycle at the time with full insurance in my name the driver of the car admitted full responsibility and agreed a full drivers awareness course i thought this was the end of the investigation but now 5 month down the line police want to talk on the phone and not sure what about. The bike was not registered in my name and wondering if thats what it could be for the bike has since been scraped
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome
    Difficult to say, but if they are prepared to chat on the phone it can't be too bad for you!
    Possibly they are thinking of possible charges against the car driver, and want to hear if you are prepared to support court action.(altho' if he accepted a driver's awareness course that would probably been dealt with already.)
    Possibly just follow up on a crime victim support?

Comment

Hello
      the officer involved who dealt with the accident sent me the cctv footage of the accident and had witness statements so they had to take responsibility but 5 months down the line and he sent me an email saying that he tried getting intouch with me 3 times by phone and needs to speak to me futher about the incident got me a bit stressed as i cant figure out what more they would need from me and thank you for replying.

Comment

The bike wasnt registered in my name but was in a friends name was waiting for him to send V5 off but found out he hadn't after the crash like a say insurance was in my name not sure what trouble that could get me into.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoop View Post
          The bike wasnt registered in my name but was in a friends name was waiting for him to send V5 off but found out he hadn't after the crash like a say insurance was in my name not sure what trouble that could get me into.
          Nothing that the police would be interested in as any probs over registered keeper would be dealt with by DVLA

Comment

Again thank you for your help been much appreciated hopefully am just stressing over nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X