• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye POPLA appeal fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye POPLA appeal fail

Hi,

I recieved a parking charge from Parking Eye , for parking on a site in Chester, Centurion Point. This is a small retail shopping village with a small amount of shops, around 6 in total. I was there from around 8pm to 10.45 pm on Saturday 2nd September 2017. There is a one hour restriction for customers using the retail outlets.
    Nearly two months after this date I received a parking fine from Parking Eye for £85, I appealed this via email as instructed as I was in Rileys, a Snooker and Pool club that has the use of the car park, I am lead to believe that it is for 4 hours if you submit your registration upon a touch screen pad at the bar upon your arrival. This I do as I am a regular visitor with my friends to play pool. The only times I do not register my registration is when the key pay is not operative in Rileys. This I explained in my email to Parking Eye.
    I heard nothing back from them, I was checking my emails regular as I was seeking work and had registered to become a Driving Instructor.
    Today, Friday 23rd February 2018, I received a final notice from Parking Eye demanding a payment of £85.
    It states that they had informed me that my appeal had been unsuccessful and I had not appealed to POPLA within the allowed 28 days so therefore had to pay the fine.
    I have not received any notification that the appeal had been unsuccessful.
    As I understand I require code from Parking Eye to appeal to POPLA, so obviously was unable to do so.
    To call Parking Eye is on a premium telephone number.
    What is the best way to settle this as I feel I am not being treated fairly by Parking Eye as I was using the car park legitimately as I have many times before and after this parking fine.
    I believe that all they want is mine and every other unfortunate motorist who uses this facility.
    Can I complain to the council as I am lead to believe that the car park in question is jointly monitored by the council and Parking Eye.
    Can I question the fine charge of £85, as not proportionate as the times of the offence was well out of retail hours and the car park was almost empty apart from the patrons of Rileys.
    I would appreciate any help or guidance you could give on this matter.
    Many thanks
    Ken
    Tags: None

If there was a pad in Rileys then compkain to them and see if they can get it cancelled. If there was no wndscreen ticket then the NTK needs to be delivered within 14 days to be able to hold the keeper liable. Has the driver been identified? Simple yes or no.

check the status of the land. If it is council and there is a parking places order on the land then again they cannot hold the keeper liable.

If the driver has not been identified then edit your posts so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver ........" etc. The PPCs monitor forums.

If you did not get a POPLA code from PE then complain AS THE KEEPER.

No phone calls please, everything by email or letter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X