• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rossendales excessive charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rossendales excessive charges

hi i have sent letter 1 to rossendales after being charged for a visit at my previous address , i had no knowledge of the previous visit. and have been charged £301 for a letter i never received and a visit to my old address.

this is the letter i received and i now need to send letter 4 to the head of revenues at sheffield city council, does anyone know how i can find the relevent contact email for this letter to be sent ?

thanks in advanced

Thank you for your email.

As request each fee that has been applied to the account is shown with the date and time that it was incurred. All of the fees are charged in accordance with the new government legislation that came in on the 6.4.2014.

Case: 8812530
    Council reference: 83835279
    £235.00 charged on 20.5.2014
    Total: £602.00

For us dealing with collection of the case you are liable for the £75.00 Compliance Fee which has been legally incurred. This is due to the new Fee structure that was set by the government on the 6.4.14.

The Enforcement Fee was incurred when the Enforcement Agent Miss Milnes attended on the 20.5.2014 at 11.42am, she was certificated on the 4.7.2013 at Burnley Combined Court Centre.

Please note the full balance needs to be paid to ensure no further action commences.

Yours sincerely

Catherine May
    Tags: None

Re: rossendales excessive charges

The fees are statutory and appear correct.

However, ring them up and ask for email 0114 2736633

Comment

If you moved were you aware you still owed CT at your old address? Did you notify the Council you moved? Do you still live in the same Council area?

Comment

i was aware i still owed ct, and had set up a direct debit, i moved to a different councill area, the direct debits stopped for some reason, i cant remember so i assumed i had paid off what i owed, and heard nothing from them i notified the council i had moved from the property.

Comment

It sounds as if there may have been a breakdown in communications and nor doubt the Council will say they never received your letter advising a change of address. With Council Tax they are only obliged to write to your last known address.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X