• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council tax debt and Runddles collection problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax debt and Runddles collection problems.

Hello from a newbie to everyone.

Just found this place and it seems like a good place to get advice.

Right.. Time to admit and own up.

Me and my wife have a got problems.

we owe our council alot in unpaid council tax for two properties. My wife (before I knew her) ran up a debt for a flat she had. This is currently £1878. We also owe for two year's at our last place. Which currently stands at 2783. These are the figures given to me by Runddles collection today. (He also said the debts we linked?)

I tried to offer him a £150 a month to pay this off. But he said it would be no good as what we owe, and the amount I offered would only keep us in debt as the repayment isn't enough.

I have a ranged to have meeting with the collection department at the council next week. We have and expenditure form ready to show that we can't pay any more.

We will also have last year's rent to pay.

I know it's really bad and we have buried our heads in the sand for far to long. But we want to sort this mess out and face up to the problems we have. So..

Can I pay the council directly with what I can afford or do I have pay the collection people?

We have been told all of this going to court. And maybe jail. We are extremely worried and don't know what to do.

So
    Tags: None

Re: Council tax debt and Runddles collection problems.

When you go to the meeting wit the collection dept next week, have everything on paper.

How much is your current ctax per year.
    Whats the total owed by both up to Apr 2015

Can I pay the council directly with what I can afford or do I have pay the collection people?
    Depends, what your really fighting for, is what charges your going to pay, as who collects it, does not really matter.. Answer the above 2 and will give what advise i can
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thank you for your reply Crazy Council.

The total upto April 2015 is £6926.

Our monthly amount is £140 per month.

I was just wondering if I can pay the council directly and not have to deal with the collection company as the don't want to listen or help me.

Comment

I certainly would not believe the amounts the Bailiffs are telling you. Get the amounts confirmed by the Council - there is a distinct possibility it could be different. Also as these are old amounts I wonder if they may be subject to enforcement under the old rules. On the paperwork you have from the Bailiffs have they listed any fees & if so what are they?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X