• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax not billing me as someone else registered at address. Im now in arrears.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax not billing me as someone else registered at address. Im now in arrears.

I hadnt been billed from the council tax for some time; around 5 months. When i enquired, their records showed that someone else had been living at my property which they were billing. I confirmed that i hadnt left residency at the address in this time and have now been billed several months, two of which i have proof that i had paid.

Is it not their responsibilty to confirm who is at a property and who should be paying the tax? Am i liable to pay for their mistake?
    Tags: None

Re: Council Tax not billing me as someone else registered at address. Im now in arrea

Yes they are.

They run systems that are supposed to link up but dont. Your payments will be on the other persons accounts. Email them, with the dates you paid, full dates of your occupancy... ask them to correct it within 14 days. Through my own personal reasearch purposes, can i ask who the council is.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Re: Council Tax not billing me as someone else registered at address. Im now in arrea

hi, thanks for your reply.

its leeds council. i have done as you advised. guessing i will still have to pay for their error =(

Comment

its leeds council. i have done as you advised. guessing i will still have to pay for their error =(
        If they dont remove the extra charges within 14 days, turn it into a corporate complaint. You are not liable for the extra charges... Sometime the council need a reminder. 99% of the time, they will correct it when formally notifed by email... Let us know what they say when they get back to you
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X