• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council not sending Council tax bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council not sending Council tax bills

For several years I have had fights with Salford City Council over Class A & C exemptions.
    They have constantly rejected applications, despite me quoting the relevant legislation.
    We have been taken to Court twice - the 1st time was a farce, they lied and were allowed to withdraw to resubmit (they never did); the 2nd time they cancelled as we were on the way to Court.
    Myself and my wife are on anti-depressants and i am on medication for high blood pressure.
    I thought it was all done last year, but the Director lied about the deal we made.
    They have constantly refused to admit any liability and refused compensation for the time and trouble.
    This year I have asked for our council tax bills over 200 times - council forms, emails, facebook, twitter etc - all the way up to the City Mayor.
    I have proof they have had them.
    As they are fully aware I want the bills, Is there legislation that says I do not have to pay for the time between the start of the tax year and the date I actually get them?
    I am not trying to avoid paying for the rest of the year.

Re: Council not sending Council tax bills

As they are fully aware I want the bills, Is there legislation that says I do not have to pay for the time between the start of the tax year and the date I actually get them?
    No.

Where does the situation stand now? Are you liable for Council Tax, or are you exempt? Or is it still hanging in the air, with the prospect of them having another go at it?

Comment

It depends how they are treating the previous years. I have heard nothing from them so have no idea.
      I assume that I am liable for full council tax as there are no exemptions in place now.
      Knowing Salford, they will have another go at me.
      I have never refused to pay what I should owe, and have even offered to pay what I owe.
      The problem has been the default setting of Salford saying 'no' to any exemption I was entitled to.

Comment

Hi

have just been checking salford council through some old research... I think i have seen the requests you mention earlyer.... on WDTK. did you notice the one on there about Liability orders under a tenner. particilarly they way they answered.... obtained ....not applied for.... that tells you something about the how there CT system operates....

How this relates to you....... Correcting mistakes reduces a marker they are audited on.... That is why councils seem to fight even the most obvious mistakes once there through there systems...

What does that mean for you......... They will just delay you through the system... pillar to post..... for over 12 months

I have never refused to pay what I should owe, and have even offered to pay what I owe.
        Just pay them by bank transfair...they controll DDs, so do a standing order or monthly tansfare...... Dont let them take further action...and the only way to stop them is ensure the payments are up to date
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X