• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breakdown of 'fees' from Rundles - Speechless....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown of 'fees' from Rundles - Speechless....

Hi,

Already had some great help re issues with Ross and Roberts (waiting to hear from the council and the firm about that complaint).

I also had some older arrears which had been passed to Rundles.

Long story short, I paid my balance up to date online direct to the council in Feb, which then showed me a zero balance. Then Rundles sent a letter demanding 549.00 as charges. After initial contact with the council, they told me that fees may still be due to the bailiffs.

After some emails, I have finally got a breakdown of the charges from Rundles, and I am nearly speechless. I am no expert, but I've done enough research to know that they seem to have tried for a record here for the number of dodgy charges at once!

These are the exact figures quoted (No mention of the nearly £150 that has suddenly disappeared from the costs of course)

Breakdown for case xxxxxxx (Liability Order issued 28/04/10)
    Debt £334.50
    First bailiff visit (13/12/12 at 09.43) £24.50
    Second bailiff visit (14/12/12 at 14.23) £18.00
    Levy fee (23/04/13 at 10.19) £34.00
    Less payment made £334.50
    Total balance outstanding £76.50

Breakdown for case xxxxx (Liability Order issued 17/10/10)
    Debt £322.50
    Levy fee (23/04/13 at 10.19) £34.00
    Attendance to remove fee) 23/04/13 at 10.29) £150.00
    Less payment made £322.50
    Total balance outstanding £226.50

Breakdown for case xxxxx (Liability Order issued 25/05/11)
    Debt £1061.12
    Levy fee (23/04/13 at 10.19) £55.00
    Less payment made £1061.12
    Total balance outstanding £97.50

Needless to say I won't be paying, and am already penning the letter of formal complaint to the council.

The following are what I have noted so far, but any extra observations welcome - I want to throw the biggest pile of crap I possibly can at them...

1. Multiple visit fees for same visit - for each LO - as far as I can see this is a big no-no according to the LGO (Blaby judgement?)
    2. Too short gap between visits? (1 day) - is there guidance or any judgement that specifies what is reasonable?
    3. Levy fees on each LO on same day - not treating the debt as one combined amount
    4. incorrect Levy - They did not gain entrance, the only vehicle they could have levied was my Van, clearly for business use (electrician) and therefore not allowable to levy in any case
    5. Attendance to remove fee - as I understand it they cannot charge this on the same day they make a levy (not sure why they have only put that on one LO - seems like a wasted chance for them!)

I will be making the complaint directly to the council, as the responsible authority in law. I have copies of the guidance to councils on CT debt enforcement, and the guidance to bailiffs doc, and today discovered the LGO report into Blaby council which seems to cover similar issues.

As far as I can see, all I can possibly owe under statute is £42.50, for two visits, and even the second one of those seems dubious to me.

Does anyone have any other guidance or judgements that I can quote or reference in my complaint? It seems to me that if I don't get a decent response, then going directly to the LGO will be the next step as I can't see that Rundles have a leg to stand on.
    Tags: None

Re: Breakdown of 'fees' from Rundles - Speechless....

1 day between visits is OK. You seem to be doing well with your other observations and should forward copies of each with your complaint - LGO Reports etc.

In item 4 you refer to an incorrect levy - were you left a notice of seizure at the time they claim the levy was made. No Notice of Seizure = No Levy.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      1 day between visits is OK. You seem to be doing well with your other observations and should forward copies of each with your complaint - LGO Reports etc.

In item 4 you refer to an incorrect levy - were you left a notice of seizure at the time they claim the levy was made. If Bumbles & Co are true to form unlikely No Notice of Seizure = No Levy.
      Could be a phantom levy either on the van or a random car, is the van used soley for your work?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Could be a phantom levy either on the van or a random car, is the van used soley for your work?
        Only vehicle they could have levied on was my van, used by me as my main vehicle, but essential for work (self employed electrician). No I didn't get a notice of seizure, nor did I sign anything.

Appears my letter of complaint to the council is growing by the day, consider the response I've just had from Ross and Roberts, but that's a whole other thread....

Thanks for the replies.

ploddertom - Accept the day between visits is OK, but I assume that charging for the same visit on multiple LOs is NOT OK? I'd have to look back to see if they even bothered delivering separate documentation, but if they attend once, they surely can't charge for it three times?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X