• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax on Old Apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax on Old Apartment

I am currently being charged council tax fees on my old apartment. The thing is, the official council tax bill states that i dont owe anything for the council tax, as the entire stay there we were covered by Student Exemption - the charges are only for the 'Billing Authority Costs' for 72 pounds, 'Court Costs' for 3 pounds, and 'Liability Order' for 30 pounds. The total charge came 105 pounds.

They sent the bill (just got it today) to my current apartment, and am just wondering what i should do? Am I liable? Is it better to pay them off?

Any other suggestions on what my next course of action should be is greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Council Tax on Old Apartment

You will need to ask them what they are playing at then.

Comment

Did you tell them you have moved,and did you submit the Student Exemption form that you give the council from the uni confirming student status and course dates when you were at the uni? . It is possible they are billing (erroneously) for the time after you left, or have lost your details and exemption somewhere. What bailiffs are these?

Contact the council as per ploddertom and ask what period they are billing for as you were exempt for the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        You will need to ask them what they are playing at then.
        Silly Buggers, from the looks of it.

Is the council infested by Crapita?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Silly Buggers, from the looks of it.

Is the council infested by Crapita?
          Once we know who the bailiffs are we will know for sure, but it looks quite likely.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X