• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Enfield Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax Enfield Council

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
    And yes OP should make sure they interrogate the council regarding the "miststake" in writing preferably so the reply can be used in evidence when it almost inevitably goes in front of the beak for the LO and the councils fee kerching.
    Is that from German etymology, bizzybob?

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Bizzy..totally agree with you,,,OP should certainly batter the council with letters etc

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
        Bizzy.........I suggested OP takes his proof to the COUNCIL...not the court..If he proves to council he has no case to answer then the court threat must be dropped surely??
        And I don't want to appear rude but yet again a thread is getting swamped by discussions on opinions of the bailiff companies (we all know they are guttersnipes) and the laws that may/may not apply to them.
        I appreciate you are all passionate about the subject (I nearly put 'passionate about bailiffs,but that sounded wrong on SO many levels)..and that areas of the law are very grey regarding them but to the novices like me the salient points get lost amongst the diatribes.
        Maybe SITE TEAM will allow a thread where the laws/opinions can be debated (in a friendly manner) and folks like me can learn instead of getting confused and OP's can act on the immediate relevant advice you all so kindly give??
        In the case of the person I am helping with CT anomalies, they alerted their local council to the fact that they were up to date with CT payment instalments and the response they received was that it was with the courts and that they had to go to court, which is total bovine excrement. Issuing proceedings against someone, knowing that no grounds in law exist to issue proceedings, is very serious. On the Civil Law side, it is Malicious Prosecution and, on the Criminal Law side, it is Perverting the Course of Justice, which carries a substantial custodial sentence on conviction. I will be honest and say that it would not surprise me to see firms like Capita and Liberata, local government officers and court staff facing justice over the course of the next few years and beyond.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          In the case of the person I am helping with CT anomalies, they alerted their local council to the fact that they were up to date with CT payment instalments and the response they received was that it was with the courts and that they had to go to court, which is total bovine excrement. Issuing proceedings against someone, knowing that no grounds in law exist to issue proceedings, is very serious. On the Civil Law side, it is Malicious Prosecution and, on the Criminal Law side, it is Perverting the Course of Justice, which carries a substantial custodial sentence on conviction. I will be honest and say that it would not surprise me to see firms like Capita and Liberata, local government officers and court staff facing justice over the course of the next few years and beyond.
          In the Op's and the case you are dealing with BB, the councils involved should withdraw the summonses, as Malicious Prosecution may be the least of their worries when all this muppetry goes viral. As to crapita, they are in the carp over advising councils that it was Ok for councils to syphon monies from the Housing Revenue Account ringfenced for housing expenditures into general funds.

" The £2 million raid makes Medway the fifth council to sanction such controversial transfers on the advice of consultancy Capita. The Communities and Local Government department is probing the ‘appropriateness’ of the move. In total, £37.5 million is now known to have been taken from council housing budgets during September before the legal ‘loophole’ pinpointed by Capita was sealed by the government on 1 October. " from:

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/finan...529298.article

and

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/finan...528984.article

Seems like Crapita is rapidly becoming a toxic brand that can cause serious reputational damage on it's clients.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X