• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliffs trying to charge me £300 Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baliffs trying to charge me £300 Help

Update after contacting the ministry of justice yesterday to find out if the Equita Baliffs was certified they had no record of him on the database ? I mentioned this to the council & they said the ministry's records arnt up to date & this Baliffs was certified ? I also asked over the phone if the Baliffs can provide a breakdown of charges & proof of his certificate, we got a cocky reply saying he was gonna visit us today & possibly remove one of my classic cars even though I'm prepared to pay the correct costs. So I moved all of the cars & locked up the farm, I have sent the letter requesting a fee breakdown to Equita today, but for some reason he never turned up . Seems strange

Comment

The online register is not always !00% accurate and the only real way to check is with the County Court he is Certificated at. I get the impression from what you say is that your Council are one that has outsourced their admin functions probably to a company called Capita. They is turn own 2 bailiff Co's one of which happens to be Equita. Obviously you can draw your own conclusions to the attitude from the Council as it is most likely a Capita employee you have spoken to.

Comment

I think your correct regarding the council spokesperson I was passed onto 3-4 people until I spoke to someone blabbing in the defense of the Baliffs & wasn't helpfull at all. Sounds very fishy indeed

Comment

Go straight to the Head of Revenue in your Council, don't accept any waffle from customer services, secretaries, etc... The only way they will sort it out is when someone with real power deals with this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
            Go straight to the Head of Revenue in your Council, don't accept any waffle from customer services, secretaries, etc... The only way they will sort it out is when someone with real power deals with this matter.
            I think it's best to go to the Head of Revenues when you have something more concrete to go on.

Comment

Well, if it was I who was being charged £300 for the bill I've paid and in response sent from pillar to post and placated with meadowmuffins I'd go to Head of Revenues, MP and anyone else who'd listen.

Comment

I'm not saying don't go to them, I'm saying don't go to them yet. The Head of Revenues' job depends on him ensuring these things are done properly. Gather the rope first, let him hang himself with it.

Comment

Then I agree.

Comment

Update after contacting Equita & basically giving them grief , I now have had all charges removed . So happy thanks for everyone's help against this disgusting company

Comment

Pleased to hear you have a result. Shows perseverance works.

Comment

Excellent result - well done.

Comment

Nice one ut we must wonder how many charges made by these companies should be refunded im sure everone on here asks the same question

Comment

Good on you. As the song goes:" Stand up for your rights...."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X