• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Local Government Ombudsman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Government Ombudsman

My local Council have 7 days left for them to respond to yet another formal complaint regarding the actions of their appointed Council Tax Collection Agents before I take the matter to the LGO. Can anyone advise on how to approach this, should I start at the beginning and cover everything, or it it best just to cover the letters of complaint I have sent to the Council so far? I have plenty of issues with the way the Council and their Agents have acted and I have a fair bit of evidence also. Some of the issues have arose because of my complaints so would never have been in the initial letters. Have any of you had any experience regarding LGO or on how best to set out my complaint? Thank you.
    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D
    Tags: None

Re: Local Government Ombudsman

Have you seen this?

Local Government Ombudsman Top tips for making a complaint

and this

Making a complaint against government or public bodies : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

Comment

After months of being brushed aside and ignored by my local Council regarding my complaints about their appointed council tax collection agents and their fees I made a complaint to the LGO. It is now 11 weeks from the date I sent my complaint to the LGO. I have informed them that I have had no correspondence from the Council whatsoever on two separate occasions and their response is to give them more time. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm, or am I now being given the run around by the LGO as well as the Council?

Comment

Have you seen your MP about this matter ?

Comment

Hi SpingerSpaniel, the answer to your question is yes, I contacted my MP from the very start. The very first letter she responded too and that was that. I have sent her carbon copies of all the correspondence I have had with the Council, and that is several letters and emails. Since the first reply I have had no support at all, not even acknowledgement of the letters and emails I have sent her.

Comment

I would contact the leader of the MPS party nd ask why your reprentative is not helping you interested in reply?

Comment

Were your letters to the Council marked "Formal Complaint", was the envelope they were in also marked as such?

Comment

Yes the letters were marked formal complaint, they were also addressed for the the 'attention of the council CEO only' and hand delivered with a receipt obtained.

Comment

In which case I assume they have been treated as such and you have now exhausted the Council complaints process. Iy may help to start a similar process with the LGO as in my view the number of weeks that have passed is more than enough time. It may be that the Council are treating you as vexatious and have informed the LGO of this, as well as your MP. Does your MP not run local surgeries you can attend and have this out face to face.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to receiving my post today after the following was emailed to me by the LGO "I apologise for the delay in my reply. I have written to you today and sent some further comments from the Council regarding your complaint." Maybe it's finally the beginning to the end I've been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by cards down View Post
                      I'm actually looking forward to receiving my post today after the following was emailed to me by the LGO "I apologise for the delay in my reply. I have written to you today and sent some further comments from the Council regarding your complaint." Maybe it's finally the beginning to the end I've been waiting for.
                      I hope the response is not a disappointment. In my experience, anything sent from the LGO usually is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X