• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Career Break and friend flat sitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Break and friend flat sitting

Hi there. Am wondering in if someone can shed any light. I am going on a 6 month career break and relocating for that time. My mate is moving into my flat but I am keeping everything in my name and she will be paying me a lump sum to cover everything. However she wants (rightly so) to go on the electoral register so she has an official address for voting and for her credit rating. I also want to go on the electoral register where I will be relocating to, for the same reason. When I rang the council I was told that as I was the home owner I have to continue to pay the council tax - which I am happy to do BUT will my friend get charged as though there were 2 people living in the flat as I will be on the council tax and she will be on the electoral register at the same address?!?! How do I make sure that doesn't happen? The council are utterly useless and i can't face ringing them again!! Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Do you get Single Person Discount at present? If so the you will probably lose your 25%.

Comment

I do get that but she will be living there on her own and I will be paying towards the council tax at the place I will be relocating to. Surely they won't make me pay full council tax at 2 properties?!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X