• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shared driveway parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared driveway parking

Neighbour is parking their car on the shared drive in an area which is clearly stated in their property deeds, and ours, as free to pass and repass at all times. We can still get our cars onto the main road but find it more difficult to park if returning. Can anyone please clarify if you can or cannot park on a shared driveway if the obstructing vehicle does not completely block our entry or exit from the main road?
    Any guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Tags: None

This situation cries out for you to have a civilised conversation with your neighbour. It is not clear to whom this "shared area" belongs, but it appears that it needs to be kept free for manoeuvring vehicles as you each come off the main road or re-enter it. From your reference to the main road I assume parking on the street is not an option for either homeowner.

The technical legal point is that your right to pass and repass is being obstructed, and in theory you could pursue legal action in respect of this. Whether that is a wise thing to do is another question.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

First and foremost, thank you for the information. You have interpreted my situation very accurately.
      With reference to parking on the street, there are available spaces. The homeowner also has a garage within their property boundary, however to date, they have never parked a vechicle within it. From what i have observed, the garage is being used to store equipment in relation to a business being run from their property.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X