• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adopted Road - Part Maintainable at Public Expense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted Road - Part Maintainable at Public Expense

I've just received a query on a house I am selling which mentions that the road is a "highway part maintainable at public expense".

What does this mean? I thought that a road was either adopted or not.
    Tags: None

Check s36, s203 Highways Act 1980 and other sections and Acts perhaps

That word "part" is in a particular place in that sentence...

What type of highway is it?
    Public or Private or Shared?

Easements?
    ​​​​​​​What use do you have out of the highway?

I'm just a layperson... I've got more questions than answers

Comment

Originally posted by JustAThought View Post
      Check s36, s203 Highways Act 1980 and other sections and Acts perhaps

That word "part" is in a particular place in that sentence...

What type of highway is it?
      Public or Private or Shared?

Easements?
      ​​​​​​​What use do you have out of the highway?

I'm just a layperson... I've got more questions than answers
      It's a public road on an estate built in the 1950s. There are two roads branching off it leading to blocks of garages and I suspect that it is those that are the parts that were not adopted and the main road on which the houses are built was adopted many years ago.

Edit: What use do we have? It passes in front of the house and is the only access to it and about 100 other houses. We have a dropped kerb onto it.
      Last edited by Steve55; 16th July 2024, 15:50:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X