• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

black dashed line on land registry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black dashed line on land registry

Hi all, thank you for reading, I have a query, we have a property with a little property next door that is used by us also. The land registry map outlines the stepped concrete hard standing outside of the property and the one next door (which is also ours and was once a cottage in its own right), has a red line where the front door is, it then has a dashed black line where the front garden ends. This goes down the street and borders all of the houses. My question is, can I put a small fence between the red line and the dashed line? (only because people trample on the garden, park over the door and dogs poop in the garden, I can't seem to tell what the black dashed line is on the land registry site, the only thing I can see is that its a boundary but not defined by anything physical at the point that the map was made. Am I reading the land reg info correctly? thank you
    Tags: None

Picture please.

And read up on the Land Registry "general boundaries rule".
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you although I cannot find the general boundaries rule do you have a link! Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240224_173938188.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1669482Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240224_173938188.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1669483

Comment

The front of our house is thick concrete on the top outlined, then it goes along to the second property with dashed line which is actually a little garden but only has pavement for a border. We would like to put a smaller fence between dashed lines & thick line which is where the door is.

Comment

It looks like it's outside the boundaries of your land.

https://www.google.co.uk/m?q=land+re...nel=new&espv=1
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Seems to talk about general boundaries & a bit vague about actual boundaries. What does the dashed line mean? Is this a general boundary then

Comment

Isn't the red line your boundary?

I suggest that you raise this with your solicitor, along with the other matter.

Comment

We would but they've disappeared since Christmas they appear closed the whole firm

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X