• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Coveyancer failed to register ownership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coveyancer failed to register ownership

We recently tried to remortgage but found that our title register was unavailable. We contacted the conveyancer who dealt with the purchase who said that they would look into the matter. It transpires that the conveyancer seemingly forgot to register our ownership. They quickly put in an application and expedited it but we still faced delays due to another application on some shared land. This caused us to miss out on a remortgage offer and we were placed on a variable rate which has cost us thousands of pounds. The property is finally registered to us and we are now remortgaging but missed the boat on an earlier and much better offer. I plan on making a complaint to the original coveyancer but was wondering what the chances of recouping my losses are.
    Tags: None

On this information, you appear to have a good claim. Your claim would seem to be for the lost mortgage savings and associated costs.

I suggest that you inform the conveyancer of your claim, including the amount, and ask them to notify their insurance company.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

PG: your conveyancer should (a) have ensured that the previous charge was removed before completing your purchase and (b) registered you as purchaser promptly. If your conveyancer did not do these things, you appear to have good grounds to bring a claim, as advised in the other thread.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

[deleted - posted in wrong thread]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X