• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Potential boundary issue on new build house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential boundary issue on new build house

Hi there, I am in the process of almost completing part exchange purchase on a new build house on a new housing estate.
    It is now apparent that the piece of adjoining public land to the south of my property, to be managed by the site management company in due course, will see grass planted right up to our house.
    There are two large ground floor windows on the south side of the property. One in the living room and one in the dining room. In effect, anyone can stand unchallenged on this land directly outside each window, looking in for as long as they like. We have personal security and quality of life concerns about this arrangement, which was not made apparent to us during the buying process. We were aware of being overlooked to the rear of the garden by an established barn but not this impact on our property, especially as we have a teenage daughter in the household. We have asked if they will consider putting in a divider such as an extended flower bed, to keep distance. Are you able to offer any advice on what we should do? We have been in touch with the developer who aren't exactly doing a great deal to help. We have contacted our conveyancing solicitor who has offered to forward our email onto the developer's legal department. Is there anything else we can do at this stage? We are supposed to complete in the next two weeks.
    Tags: None

Hi GRACEVI

Your council should have similar information regarding 'Planning Guidance Around Open Spaces and Dwellings', Google their website -

https://www.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/...ings%20SPG.pdf

If it isn't being adhered to, contact the planning department at your local council.

Comment

Thanks very much for this. I will look into this further on my council website.

Comment

Can you look into purchasing the piece of land? Either all of it or say 3 metres from your wall?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X